South Valley Tour Cusco
South Valley Tour Cusco
The South Valley Tour of Cusco is another interesting half-day excursion. That’s because it offers unique historical monuments from pre-Inca, Inca and colonial times. Not only that but also beautiful Andean landscapes and the exquisite cuisine.
When you travel to Peru many people talk about Machu Picchu and the Inca civilization, however, there were more cultures and empires that preceded the Incans. Proof of this, Pikillacta, a stone master work of the Wari empire. The South valley Tour also show us the inca site of Tipon and the colonial church of Andahuaylillas.
With our private South Valley Tour of Cusco, you have enough time for photos and visit Andean villages. Also, have a chance to try the worlds biggest bread and eat guinea pig or chicharron for lunch. Join our private service and uncover the least visited destinations in southern Cusco.
Pick up & Drop Off Location: Cusco hotel
Tour Duration: South Valley Tour (half day)
Max. Elevation: 3,400m / 11,152ft.
Service: Private Tour
South Valley Tour Cusco Itinerary
South Valley Tour Cusco begins with a pickup from your hotel at 8 am. This excursion starts with Tipon, an Inca site located approximately 40 minutes from Cuzco city. This archaeological complex was built to religious worship and agricultural experimentation. Your expert guide will show the main plaza, the agricultural terraces, and its impressive stone water channels.
After our tour of Tipon, we head towards Pikillacta, a complex built by the Wari civilization. This empire made of this valley a cozy place to live, building a big fortified city before the Incas arrived. Most of these tall buildings and archaeological findings date back from about 600 AD–900 AD.
Finally, we will go to Andahuaylillas, which is a typical colonial village of singular origin and architecture. This place stands out for its Catholic church with a beautiful mural painting of the seventeenth century. Also, people call it as the Sistine Chapel of America.
On the way to Cusco, we will enjoy the delicious Chicharones or guinea pig (optional). The Cusco South Valley tour will finish around 2:30 pm with a drop off at your hotel.
South Valley Tour Cusco Includes:
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide.
- South Valley Cusco Guided tour.
- Private Vehicle for the South Valley Tour.
- Admission Tickets.
South Valley Tour Cusco Excludes:
- Meals or beverages.
- Tips or gratuities.
- Hotel night.
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary.
Bring for South Valley Tour Cusco
- Your original passport and DNI for Peruvians.
- Personal travel insurance
- You will be required to show your ID to buy your Sacred Valley tourist ticket
- We recommend wearing light clothes, but also bring a jacket and hiking shoes.
- For the wet season, bring a raincoat.
- Personal medication as well as the prescription.
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a cap or hat with brim.
- Extra cash in small bills for personal expenses.
South Valley Tour Cusco Prices
|Prices are per person, valid through 2022|
|2 - 3||4 - 5||6 - 7||8|
|$ 109||$ 82||$ 68||$ 61|
The prices already includes the transaction costs.
Our email address is: email@example.com
Please, email the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org
* Passport details for each traveler (full name, nationality, age, and passport number).
* Provide hotel name in Cusco and start date for this service.
South Valley Tour Highlights
- Experience the majestic temple of the water and the surrounding views.
- Avoid the crowds and lines and visit places that bus tours can’t reach.
- Learn about local and typical dishes. i.e. Baked guinea pig.
- Interact with local bakers and taste locally produced bread.
- Find out why the Wari Empire abandoned the biggest city in this valley.
- Explore the "Sistine Chapel of America" in Andahuaylillas town.
Like what you read? Contact us today to find out more about this tour program. But remember each south valley tour is customized exactly to what you want to do. So, tell us about your plans and we’ll create a tour that suits you best.
Contact Sacred Valley Tours
Let’s Plan Your Private South Valley Tour Together!
We’d love to hear from you! Contact us using the phone numbers below and our experts will reply within 24 hours.
Office phone number: +51 984 714 180 – +51 997 785 999
WhatsApp:+51 997 785 999
Email address: email@example.com